Saturday, May 29, 2010

How Much He Loves Us

How Much Does God Love us?

No finite picture can even come close to describing to all-consuming love of God. The Bible paints the portrait of a perfect heavenly Father who watches over us and ultimately desires our best. He paradoxically makes Himself glorified and by doing so lifts us up. Maybe most views of the love of God come at the expense of imposing a picture of Santa Claus who sits up in heaven and answers our every beckoning call. Yet other views put him as an unhealthy father or drill sergeant who humans can never please.


This comes out of His work to press and deal with painful issues in my life. This morning I have been working on one of the toughest passages, because of the conviction in my life. While I know God loves me, I have long dealt with wondering about my life adding up while demanding things to change in my life. In this moment, I feel overwhelmed to share how much God loves us:


He loves us enough to withhold good things that we want, because He knows that it is best for us to wait.


He loves us enough to cause pain in discipline for sin so that our lives are not subjected to live under darkness.


He loves us enough to allow suffering, because He knows that our hearts will grow with patience, compassion, and trust for him.


He loves us so much that He makes us see that He is central not our happiness.


All these truths have been repeated in my life. He has big enough shoulders to handle or doubts and disappointments, but more importantly He desires us to know Him in such a rich and deep way. The Savior of the universe calls us to have faith in His death and resurrection, so that we might not just experience it, but live it. Gut wrenching. Troublesome. Encouraging. Hope filling. He is purely motivated and has aligned the planets of our lives for His glory and our good!

No comments:

Post a Comment